May 22, 2020
Today St. Louis County released guidelines for summer camps. With this guidance, we are now working through the process of revising our summer program schedule. We are planning to begin programs on June 15. Please see below for an important update.
Summer Programs Scheduled June 1-14
- One-time or One-Week Programs: If you are currently registered for an in-person summer camp scheduled to take place between June 1-14, that program is being canceled. You will receive a credit that can be applied towards a future Community Ed program. If you do not plan to register for any future Community Ed programs, please email us at email@example.com for a refund.
- Multi-Week Programs: If you are currently registered for a multi-week, in-person summer program that is scheduled to start between June 1-14, we will be in touch in the next week regarding reschedule dates. If a program is not able to be rescheduled you will receive a credit that can be applied towards a future Community Ed program.
Information About Summer Programs Starting June 15 and Beyond
- Our revised summer program schedule will include a variety of online and in-person programs.
- We are currently in the process of finalizing our revised schedule of art, enrichment and outdoor education summer programs. We are still waiting for guidelines from St. Louis county regarding operation of pools and athletics. Once we have that information, we will determine our aquatic and sports offerings.
- Summer program details and registration will be available starting the week of June 1 (exact date TBD). We will send out an email and post on our website as soon as the information is ready.
Health and Safety is Our Priority
As we open our summer programming, the safety of participants and staff is our primary concern. Our programs will adhere to guidelines from the CDC and St. Louis County. This will include the use of personal protective equipment and cleaning/sanitation supplies as required. More details will be shared as our summer program schedule is finalized.
If demand for our programs increases throughout the summer, we are committed to remaining flexible and expanding our offerings as much as possible to meet the needs and interests of families. While our programs this summer will look different than in years past, we are committed to providing the best experience possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times. We look forward to seeing you online or in-person in a summer program soon!
Club Program Updates
- Rockwood Thunder Volleyball: U10-U18 Club Teams
An email was sent to Rockwood Thunder families May 15 clarifying information on club activities and USA Volleyball sanctioned tournaments. Please refer to this email for complete details.
- Rockwood Swim Club
Canceled through May 21. An email was sent to Rockwood Swim Club families on April 13. View email.
Credits for Canceled Programs
We will provide account credits for all canceled programs which can be applied towards a future Community Ed program. The credit will automatically apply when you register. You will be able to view the account credit as follows:
- Log in to your account on our online registration system.
- Once logged in, scroll down to ‘Recent Payment Activity’ on your dashboard. You will see the credit amount listed in this section.
We appreciate your patience as the process to apply all credits may take several days to complete due to the volume of canceled programs. If you do not plan to register for any future Community Ed programs, please contact us for a refund.
Community Ed staff will be working remotely and can be reached Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. via the following methods: