Welcome to TutorConnection, a program that helps connect certified Parkway and Rockwood teachers and professionals with parents who are looking for private, fee-based tutoring lessons for their children at a Parkway or Rockwood location. The focus is to improve students' knowledge and skill-based performance of the district's curricular concepts.
Here's how the program works:
- Parents can view a list of all tutors available district-wide in Parkway and Rockwood.
- Please note: Per Parkway and Rockwood district policy, teachers are not allowed to accept payment for tutoring their own students in subject areas in which they are assigning the student a grade. However, the Superintendent/designee is authorized to waive this requirement when a student requests private instruction and it has been determined that the student's teacher is the only qualified tutor available.
- Once you have selected a tutor, you can purchase your selected amount of tutoring minutes. If you do not see a tutor available other than the teacher assigning your child a grade, please contact the Community Ed office at 636-891-6644. We will work with you to try to identify a tutor for your desired location/subject area
- Upon receipt of your order, the Community Ed office will contact the tutor and provide them with your order information.
- The tutor will contact you directly and you will work together to set the final tutoring times most convenient for your schedules.
- You will be notified through email by Community Ed as you near the end of time purchased. At that time, you will have the option to purchase additional tutoring minutes if desired.
How much does TutorConnection cost?
The fee for one-on-one tutoring is $49.50 per hour, with a two hour minimum purchase ($99 for 120 minutes). Once purchased, tutoring time can be used in any combination of 15 minute increments (i.e. 30, 45, 60, etc.). There may be small group tutoring options (maximum 3:1 ratio) available at a reduced fee in some subject areas.
Registration for TutorConnection is now open! Register today!
For more information about the TutorConnection program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636-891-6644.